The #Vote4UAmerica Campaign
Episode 11 | October 26, 2016
Chris Hogan wants you to vote for yourself. No matter who ends up in the Oval Office, you can change your financial future. Hogan also offers his 10 Points to Progress. Other features include the Hear From The People segment (answers to email) and his 3-Point Takeaway. As a fun bonus, Chris reads Retire Inspired Poetry.
0:27 – WELCOME
2:05 – THE #VOTE4UAMERICA CAMPAIGN
16:38 – HOGAN’S 10 POINTS TO PROGRESS
1. BE A MONEY BOSS. Start each month with a budget, listing income and expenses.
2. HAVE A DEBT REDUCTION PLAN. Use the debt snowball approach: List all your debts then attack them from smallest to largest.
3. ESTABLISH AN EMERGENCY FUND. Be prepared for unexpected events (a car problem, home repair, hospital visit, etc.) by keeping an emergency fund on hand.
4. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR SPENDING. Understand the difference between a want and a need. Set limits on spending, even if it means sacrificing your wants.
5. PLAN AHEAD. Look at the calendar and save money for upcoming expenses (holidays, travel, birthdays, etc.).
6. BOOST YOUR INCOME. Brainstorm ways you could earn extra money over the next three to six months (sell stuff you don’t need, have a garage sale, offer to tutor, etc).
7. GET A HEAD START ON COLLEGE. If you have children, start saving for college as soon as possible. You want to help them get an education without student loans. But don’t sacrifice your retirement fund in the process! Remember, kids can work their way through college.
8. PLUG IN TO THE COMMUNITY. Volunteer for events in your area or help out at your church. Make a list of 10 friends and tell them about R:IQ and Financial Peace University as financial discussions come up. When people change, their community does too!
9. KNOW YOUR PLAN. Retirement is not an age; it’s a financial number! Decide on your retirement dream, discover your R:IQ, and determine a plan to get to that retirement number.
10. KEEP THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. Progress is taking one step forward, one day at a time. Where you are now is the new starting point, so forget the past and start moving ahead.
26:25 – VIP ANNOUNCEMENTS
The second winner in the Retire Inspired Podcast Giveaway is announced. You have two more chances to win $250. Go to chrishogan360.com/podcast and subscribe to the podcast for your opportunity to win. No purchase necessary.
28:37 – HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE
Hogan reads listener emails:
A woman asks about Social Security and maximum benefit age.
A man wants to know more about Roth IRAs and 401(k)s.
32:59 – RETIRE INSPIRED POETRY
Hogan has fun with his gentle voice reading VIP retirement poems sent in by listeners.
35:39 – THE #VOTE4UAMERICA TAKEAWAY
Hogan gives his 3-Point Takeaway on how to activate change now so you can enjoy your retirement in the future.
43:27 – RALLY CRY WRAP-UP
44:29 – CALL TO ACTION
Don’t forget to enter the Retire Inspired Podcast Giveaway! There are two more opportunities to win $250. Go to chrishogan360.com/podcast. Subscribe to the podcast and enter your information. No purchase necessary.
Go to chrishogan360.com/riq to discover your R:IQ. While you’re there, click Dream Team. Then connect with SmartVestor Pros for investing help and ELPs for help with real estate, insurance and taxes.
Email us your retirement dreams or wins at firstname.lastname@example.org and Hogan may read them on air. Also send in any confusing financial jargon for Professor Hogan to define on the podcast. You can also write a review of the Retire Inspired Podcast on iTunes and subscribe to future episodes.