How To Find Extra Retirement Money (guest Christy Wright)
Episode 25 | April 26, 2017
Who doesn’t want extra money? In this episode, Hogan reminds you to go after it! He shares his thoughts on how to find extra retirement money. He also wants you to use your talents to make extra money to reach your financial goals. To discuss that, speaker and author Christy Wright stops by to talk. Her new book, Business Boutique, is the definitive book on equipping women to make money doing what they love. Also featured in this episode are The Takeaway: The Big Bad Wolf; Hear From the People; and Millionaire Moment.
1:28—HOW TO FIND EXTRA RETIREMENT MONEY
6 ways to earn extra money:
- Pizza delivery (@5:13)
- Alternative shift work (@5:23)
- Grocery store stocking (@5:53)
- Hardware store (@6:03)
- Babysitting (@6:12)
- Seasonal work: landscaping, snow shoveling, etc. (@6:35)
Apply Hogan’s Triple-A Process (@7:36)
- Assess where you are. What financial goal do you want to meet?
- Acknowledge your opportunities. What can you do to make extra money?
- Activate your plan of action. What needs to happen so you can take advantage of your opportunity?
Your challenge: List three to five things you can do to earn extra money (@8:50)
Don’t judge the ideas; just list them. Rank them. Search online to find out where you can do that job.
13:30—A CONVERSATION WITH CHRISTY WRIGHT
To purchase Business Boutique, go to BusinessBoutique.com
31:19—HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE
Hogan answers a question about mortgage debt, Roth investing options, and mutual funds (@31:36).
Hogan answers a question from a debt-free listener whose parents have no retirement savings (@35:31).
40:58—THE TAKEAWAY: THE BIG BAD WOLF
Hogan talks about how the children’s story The Three Pigs can teach adults important retirement principles. Get the right tools. Build now. Share your story.
48:58—THE MILLIONAIRE MOMENT
Hogan shares insight from a self-made millionaire, Andy, whose net worth is over $2.5 million. Listen to his thoughts on acceleration.
51:23—CALL TO ACTION
- Help your circle of influence by telling them about the Retire Inspired Quotient (R:IQ) tool and the investing professionals called SmartVestor Pros. You can find information about both at chrishogan360.com
- Email us your retirement dreams or wins, halftime speeches, and Retire Inspired Send them to email@example.com. You can also write a review of the Retire Inspired Podcast on iTunes and subscribe to future episodes.
FINAL SPECIAL EVENT OFFER: If you’d like to see Chris Hogan at the Retire Inspired live event in San Antonio on May 6, you can get $10 off! Go to chrishogan360.com and click on “Events” to purchase your seat. At checkout, use the code HOGANPODCAST.