Transform Your Future (Featured Guest Jean Chatzky)
Episode 8 | September 14, 2016
Chris Hogan discusses the Retirement Education report, based on Ramsey Solutions’ Retirement in America survey. He also sits down with financial expert and podcast host Jean Chatzky. Together, they talk about men and women’s savings behaviors, Social Security, 401(k)s, and even her retirement dreams. Other features in this episode include Hogan’s Takeaway and the Hear From the People segment, during which he answers listener questions.
0:28 – WELCOME
2:07 – RETIREMENT IN AMERICA STUDY: EDUCATION IN THE WORKPLACE
15:05 – TIP OF THE DAY
Check out our free digital tool, The Roth IRA Starter Guide. Text ROTHIRA to 44222 to receive this PDF.
16:12 – VIP ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Participate in a survey at chrishogan360.com/survey by September 28, and you’ll have a chance to win a $100 Target gift card.
- Professor Hogan wants to debunk retirement jargon! Send your big, crazy, confusing financial words to email@example.com and use the subject line PROFESSOR HOGAN. And listen to future episodes as Hogan turns financial jargon into easy-to-understand terms!
18:35 – A CONVERSATION WITH JEAN CHATZKY
Financial expert and host of the Her Money podcast Jean Chatzky joins Hogan in the studio. Together, they talk male vs. female financial habits, investing, and more.
38:37 – 3-POINT TAKEAWAY
“We cannot delegate progress; it must be owned.”
43:39 – HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE
Hogan reads listener emails:
- A father wants to know when to start talking to kids about retirement and investing.
- A church leader on Baby Step 4 asks about investing and opting out of Social Security.
49:00 – RALLY CRY WRAP UP
50:13 – CALL TO ACTION
- Don’t forget to take Hogan’s audience survey by September 28 (com/survey) and register for a chance to win a $100 gift card.
- Need investing advice from a SmartVestor Pro? Go to chrishogan360.com and click DREAM TEAM.
- Write a review on the Retire Inspired Podcast on iTunes and subscribe to future episodes!